Cerys (n): "Possibly not very good with people" 25, autistic.
Writer, scientist, guitarist, shoe addict.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe is ruining my life.
"you can’t be just friends with people of the gender you’re attracted to"
myth actually true. i, as a bisexual, can confirm that i have no friends.
pansexuals spend their lives in solitude, with only rocks for company
meanwhile asexuals are friends with everyone. literally every single person on the planet. i do not know how i remember so many names
LOLthey easily could have introduced more female characters AT ANY POINT during the Avengers franchise. There is no narrative reason why not. The story arc of the Marvel Cinematic Universe was not carved onto stone tablets by God.
There’s “space” in literally every Marvel movie to add more female characters or introduce another superheroine. Here are some suggestions:
- Give Frigga & Sif more screentime in Thor & Thor 2, possibly by removing one of the Warriors Three.
- Make Coulson and/or Sitwell women.
- Make 50% of incidental characters women, instead of 10% or whatever it is right now.
- Include a Hawkeye-style cameo in any of the Phase 1 or Phase 2 movies, except for a female superhero.
- Introduce a superheroine during a post-credits sequence like Quicksilver & Scarlet witch. For example, a female supersoldier being created secretly at the end of the first Captain America movie.
- Make any of the supervillains or their henchmen female. Maybe replace Brock Lumlow (CATWS) with an equivalent female character from the comics.
- Cut 5 mins of action sequences from The Avengers and use that time to show the origin of a female character mutating thanks to a Chitauri weapon or something.
It’s not a matter of “space.” If they can make space for a bunch of Agent Coulson cameos and an appearance from Stan Lee in every single movie, they could’ve introduced a superheroine any old time. Or at least made half of the background characters female. They just decided not to.
ah yes, civil war, where the government wants all 6 superheroes to register even tho one has a smithsonian exhibit, one never hid his identity AT ALL and the rest of the information shield had on everyone else was thrown onto the internet at the end of cap 2
what a great plot
False rape accusations are an anomaly.
True rape accusations are a norm.
You’re, quite literally, more likely to be killed by a comet than falsely accused of rape.
Re-blog now, read later.
"Because 1 in 33 men will be raped in his lifetime, men are 82,000x more likely to be raped than falsely accused of rape. It seems many of us would do well to pay more attention to how rape culture affects us all than be paranoid about false accusers.”
do you ever just sit there listening to music
and you just
imagine scenes that just flow with the song
like they have literally nothing to do with the song and are completely without context
but they just
OH GOOD I’M NOT ALONE.
I MAKE LITTLE FAN VIDEOS IN MY HEAD
I want a superhero movie where the hero dies in the first ten minutes and the woman who was supposed to be the love interest puts on his costume and becomes an even better hero.
I want all of the advertising to be for the hero and none of the marketing to even allude to this death.
imagine all the male tears
I need this like burning.